Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Christmas Eve

I love how each family has their special thing for Christmas. Even if it's not that special, the routine is comforting and I can't wait to instill silly traditions on my own family.

It starts with the Christmas shopping. When I was little it was special for my dad and I to make a treck to Glendale and shop at the Galleria together. It's become so special that my mom and sister have joined us. When Christmas Eve rolls around we make our way to church and come home to a fabulous dinner.

Example
Family Self Portrait

Example
The prep work.

Example

Example
Some ham, some fish, and of course the cheese and wine.

Example

Example
A little post-dinner joust.

Example
Sophie, eager to open gifts.

Example
Since the kids are out of the house, the beautiful live tree doesn't visit us anymore. The ornaments that are older than I are still resting in the boxes in the garage. We're all really too busy and tired to decorate in the grand fashion that we used to, and we're ok with that for now.

Example

Example
But we never skimp on the nativity scene with the Christmas duck. Can you find him? Long story.

Example

Example

Example

Example

Example
Now you see where my shoe obsession comes from.

No comments: