Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas from the Kong!

Happy Birthday Jesus!
Official Christmas celebrations started with midnight mass.  Dim sum and beer followed of course!



Then time to open some presents. Since we're super-runners in training, I got my friends water bobbles. I'm kinda obsessed with them. I also got Cang some cute sunglasses that are made for outdoor activities without looking, dare I say, 80s.

After a good night's sleep, I woke up for a Christmas day hike from Taikoo to Stanley.  I was happy to see Mags there, but she took off ahead of the group to run the trail while the rest of us walked.

A 14k day, not too shabby.  Jesus gives it a thumbs up!

When we reached the beach town of Stanley, several of us lingered for burgers and beers.  It was a great night, but sitting al fresco in a sweat soaked shirt was freezing.  I didn't stick around too long.

After showering and getting my act together, I met up with Cang and Creepy for a drink, and afterwards we got massages!  Cheapo 11 pm massages.  Yes, there are many perks to living here!  But we're not spoiled, this is just a part of our Tarahumara training.

After another good night's rest, I woke up to skype with the family and open more presents.  A great Christmas weekend all around, and even better because we get an extra day off for Boxing Day.

No comments: