Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Favorite Golden Globe Looks

Favorite looks include: strong shoulders and long sleeves, sleek and voluminous updos, saturated greens, dark nail polish, and Ryan Gosling.

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been any kind of fashion commentary on this blog, which is silly since I'm a professional fashionista.  Silly too because besides running blogs and celeb gossip blogs, I luuuuv fashion blogs.  I guess it's been on my brain a lot lately because I want to be the next Rachel Zoe.  Or the Rachel Zoe of Hong Kong.  So let's get this party started.

I think my favorite look of the night was Anne Hathaway in Armani.

I'm really loving long sleeves and structured shoulders on the Red Carpet.  It's different.  It's a change.  How many times can you wear something sleeveless anyway?  She's got a rockin bod and it sparkles.  It drapes beautifully.  It's formal without being poofy and sexy without showing much skin...  except the back.  I love love love this.

My next favorite look is Angelina Jolie in Versace.

Apply everything I said about the previous Armani dress here as well.  I could be very wrong but I don't ever remember long sleeves being seen much on the Red Carpet.  And I like the change.  I also LOVE that Angie chose green.  She's always in black and really, she can wear whatever the hell she wants and still look better than everyone. 

There was a lot of gorgeous saturated green at the Golden Globes this weekend.  Mostly I'm happy to see COLOR.




Not having to do with anything, I love Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta.

This is the contemporary version of my mother's 1980s pink Oscar de la Renta wedding dress.  I don't care if it has 80s poofy sleeves, I'm so wearing it on my wedding day!

But back to the GGs...

Glee has a very special place in my heart, and they look fab!

I'm in love with this silhouette.  The bottom of the dress hangs so perfectly.  I know, I know, I'm the only one who cares :)  I'm also loving the simple sleek updos.  (Check out Clair Danes' hair)  With the handful of weddings lined up this year, I think I will go that route too.  But lots of volume though.  Big hair is the way to go!

It's no secret, I'm obsessed with saturated color, but if a special pale dress comes my way, I can appreciate it.  The girls of Glee did it right.  And Dianna Argon's dark nail polish makes it extra special.  :)

So after all that love I just gave to pale dresses, how did ScarJo go wrong?  She's too hot to look like an old lady!  I don't like the hair, I don't like the dress, I don't like the makeup.  An improvement on one would have changed the entire look, but I give this a fail.  She kinda looks like Kirsten Dunst here (translation: plain and boring).

Am I missing anything?

1 comment:

Wee Marie said...

Don't worry Life Partner! I care deeply about all you've just described! Saturated Colors 4-EVA!