Monday, March 30, 2009

Polaroid Party

IMG_3122.JPG

I had to put this pic first, because it's too funny.

Last weekend my friends Tim and Alex held the first of a series, summer rooftop party.

IMG_3120.JPG
Host Tim

IMG_3116.JPG
Host Arex

Because everyone we knew of in Hong Kong was going to be at this party, we also dubbed it the Eviction Party, since the boys have gotten into enough trouble already with their building security and management.

IMG_3105.JPG
I thought this would be the right opportunity for me to finally bring out my polariod camera. I got this camera as a birthday present from Jeff, Cang, and Daven, and while it is actually not a polariod (polaroid went bye bye) I prefer calling it that than instant mini print fuji camera-lama-ding-dong.

IMG_3106.JPG
I love this little gadget. I really do. You have the instant gratification element like a digital camera, but because you are only given 20 shots per cartridge and an actual print, there is a sense of permanence and commitment that has disappeared with today's digital images.

IMG_3108.JPG
And it looks old school and I dig it.

IMG_3110.JPG
DJs Powers and Daven kept the beats pumpin, and as far as I know the party was a success and without incident.

IMG_3112.JPG
Ok, maybe we were short on the jello shots, cause tons of randoms showed up. I don't have pictures of those randoms because I didn't want to waste my instapix! Yes, all of these fine peeps are my pals.

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3103.JPG
And of course I snagged a couple of regular digital shots too. I couldn't let lil G9 get jealous. This is me n Pete, haven't seen this guy in a while.

IMG_3102.JPG

A great party for sure, and a nice excuse to take my lil insta-cam out for a whirl. That leaves me, in my teeny lil flat, with 1 instant camera, the G9, the rebel, the 20D, 2 phones w/ camera... and now that beach season is approaching, I might get myself a waterproof olympus!

No comments: