Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wine Tasting Wednesdays

20080714 HK G9 145
Sometimes it's nice to have friends in the wine industry :) My friend Chun Ling works for Force 8 Wine Cellars, and once a month they hold wine tastings. May was French, and June was Italian. This picture was taken after the wine tasting, at a wine bar right down the street. Another two bottles of wine never hurt...

20080714 HK G9 143
Our host Chun Ling. She's fabulous. I love Chinese/Hongkongese peeps with British accents.

20080714 HK G9 147
Me n Powers with the best shirts on the block. He loves Chinglish shirts... Shirts that Hongkies make in English that make no sense. His says: The best and most typical at its best war made before premium quality. Aevi Strauss!

This was kind of a special night for me because I'd been planning to go to my HS reunion since before I moved to Hongkie, and right before the reunion, one of our clients decides to make a trip to China the week I was supposed to be in LA. June was a pretty rough month in the workplace for me because stupid people were making stupid decisions and it would have been easier if I was taking care of it in the first place instead of cleaning up their mess after the fact.

I figured out a way to make it work by moving my trip to LA up one week, but in order for me to make my HS reunion I'd have to be in China one day late. I called this client... you can probably guess which brand... in the middle of the wine tasting to plead for one day off in China.

After a few glasses of wine, I step outside to make the call. Please please please, I begged. Turns out, it was cool... as long as they had someone else there on Monday to translate for them. OMG, I was FURIOUS!! You dumb, dumb POS. They were counting on my perfect Cantonese and Mandarin to get them through their trip to China. She obviously does not have producing skills! I can't even say my new address in Cantonese. Well, it worked out, I got a laugh, and then I drank myself silly and played in a park until 4 AM. I was going home!

Sebastien and me trying to break in to the Man Mo Temple on the way home.

20080714 HK G9 149

20080714 HK G9 150

No comments: