Thursday, July 24, 2008

Going Going Back Back to Cali Cali

20080714 HK G9 165
In my previous post I mentioned I was this close to not being able to make it home for my HS reunion. Before moving to HK, I PROMISED Marie I'd be home for the reunion, and it was a pretty decent excuse to come home.

As the date was approaching, I became lukewarm about coming home again, because I was just home weeks before... because plane tickets really hurt the wallet... because work was really overwhelming and it didn't feel quite right to leave... that was until the possibility came up that I might not be able to come home. That made me completely determinted to make it happen. And it did. Bought a plane ticket maybe 36 hours before boarding. OOOUUUCCCHHH. Yeah, that one hurt the wallet, especially because if I had bought the ticket a day or two before, it would have been 1/3 or 1/4 of the price.

I was relieved and thrilled, and when that happens I tend to throw down. Friday night went out with the regular crew in the pouring rain, drank myself silly, woke up at 8:00 AM on a friend's couch (not realizing I had fallen asleep there), saw my friend sleeping on his hardwood floor, realized I didn't feel too good, and instead of hauling it home to get ready for my flight, I fell back asleep! Woke up again at 10 AM and busted a move to catch my 12:30 PM flight. It was a close one, but thankfully HK airport and transportation to it is so efficient.

Before I knew it, I was home, and it was Fathers Day. We got my dad some crossbow attachment for the WII.

20080714 HK G9 166
That night I went to Silver Lake to hang out with my old hood peeps. The drive over there was gorgeous as I watched the sunset in my rearview. Traffic was perfect because the Laker game was on and it took me no time to get to the old hood.

20080714 HK G9 167
Mmmmm Gingergrass!!

20080714 HK G9 168
And of course, it's not summer unless you're having a Hefe at Red Lion.

I really, really really miss Silver Lake.

No comments: