Thursday, January 03, 2008

One Month on the Island

03/01/2008

03/01/2008

I moved immediately after Thanksgiving, and I've been here on the Island for one month.

Ok, so I'm not technically on the Island right now since I work on the peninsula side. It's like "over the hill" except more like "over the waterway." I'm going to use it and see if anyone picks it up.

Thoughts? I'm pretty darn happy here and plan on staying for a while.

I wish my apartment was bigger but I'm still comfortable.
I don't miss having a car, but I do miss the ability to sing out loud and laugh on the way to work or on the way home. It's not quite the same on the underground.
I miss the Sophie dog. I miss the Cougar cat.
I'm craving a corn dog. Where in the world am I going to find a corndog?
I miss people who are more like me. Everyone here's a beautiful and rich banker/lawyer.
I miss the socal queens. These queens make me wanna take a nap.
I wish I had the time to do all the things I thought I was going to do: charity work, read a lot, play tennis, cantonese classes, maybe go back to the piano...

I wish my friends would get here quick so I can share this F'ing amazing city with the people that rock my face off.

Pepper gets here next month and it's going to be the bestest.

The above pictures are not on the island of Hong Kong either. That was taken on Sunday after me and Amy (my one hongkongese friend) saw some crazy experimental French film. After the movie we went to Monkok where the bargain shopping takes place en mass. Electronics, gadgets, clothes... I bought a pair of boots for about $15 USD and a whole bunch of VCDs for under 20.

Oh yeah, no sales tax here. Brilliant!

I also like paying in Hong Kong dollars because it makes me feel like I'm rich or something. My dinner last night was $38 HKD, which is actually under 5 bucks. Hey, it's the little things right?

1 comment:

Dave Lowe said...

...and then evil ninjas crashed through my window!

That's how you should end every post.