Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I Wore: Practicing the Art of Resolve

I now interrupt the wedding posts for a style break
The Art of Resolve.  This is something I practice on the piano and in life.  If you want an accurate definition of resolving in music, please speak to a teacher.  But in my life, this means correcting a clash with appropriate action.  Maybe "correcting" isn't quite the right word, but I'm working on it.

Today it's with clothes: a black and white striped shirt from H&M, a patterned skirt from Banana Republic (outlet), a denim blazer from Urban Outfitters, and shoes from Nine West (outlet).  Perhaps the top and bottom don't go together harmoniously (although I see worse offenses regularly here), but the clash can exist when resolving with the blazer. 

Once I had this on, I knew I had to break it up with some warm colors.  Cue the tan oxfords and pink bird necklace, which you probably can't see.  Mostly, I wanted to bring two opposing pieces together.  Let's try again tomorrow. 


No comments: