Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bangkok/Ayutthaya/Hong Kong/Manila

I went on this monster trip with my dad but didn't get to do as much as I like because I had to spend a few days in the office and we were also constantly on the move. There was a lot of plane food to be had and I was over that. I was also pretty over the hotel buffets for breakfast. It was getting to us to the point that when we got to Hong Kong we opted for a McDonalds.

Some highlights - riding an elephant amongst the ruins in Ayutthaya, Thailand, wandering by myself via metro around Hong Kong, watching bad movies on the "Star Movies" channel (come on people, they aired Speed 2!), cruising around in a tuktuk to visit ancient ruins, lunching with my cousins in the 5th largest mall in the world (Mall of America does not even make top 10), and the murder of the head of the legal department of the commission of elections outside our hotel in Manila.

I'm so happy to be back, sleeping in my own bed, hangin with the Cougar, and catching up with my friends. I'm terribly jet lagged though. Can't make it past more than a few hours of sleep. Dang.

No comments: