Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle


I finally finished my Valentine's Day Present by my favorite author.

This was a challenge because there was a lot going on and I still have so many questions. I wasn't convinced I actually liked the book until the last 50 or 100 pages when we discover just how far Okada will go for his wife. And as with his other books I really enjoyed the war tales. I still have so many questions.

It's the kind of book that needs revisiting immediately. Even going back to the first sentence made a connection I would have missed. But as I said, the book was a challenge and I'm going to need a Murakami break. I'll just have to pick up the reading guide before all the details are forgotten.

In other news tonight, other than the fires things are pretty good. Had a GREAT night at Cam's. Knitting. Worshiping Keanu. And finally popping in a dvd of Speed. It still holds up 13 years later. Happy to know there are others who know the film as well as I do. It's STILL changing our lives. No really, if I hadn't seen it maybe I wouldn't be a Wildcat.

Also got caught up on The Office thanks to Netflix. There's something about that show that occupies a small, warm and fuzzy cubicle of my heart. I was sad to get to the end of the dvds. Didn't want the journey to end.

So now I have to decide my next adventure, that is, the next book and tv series.

Recommendations always welcome.

No comments: