Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunday at the Sevens: Real Rugby Edition

And on the third day, we wore our Hooters shirts.
I did good on the weekend pacing.  If you can believe it, I woke up very early to catch the Arizona vs UCONN game.  It wasn't good.  Fortunately, friends and beers were waiting for me at the stadium.


I think I arrived just in time for Team USA.  USA USA!  Since Sunday is the finals, we scrapped the south stand and got superior seats up close.

The boys wearing their "Sunday Best"

The madness still trickles in.  Those animals!

I had to take a picture of this kid, eating his hot dog and chicken wings with a glove!  Love him!  This kid plays rugby too and during the "halftime" show the kids in the local league paraded around.  They're adorable! 

Not so adorable was my pizza.  I think it shrunk!

Three days of being in the stadium and my stomach was definitely suffering.  Not only from all that beer, but also from the horrific stadium food.  If you were there for a few hours, it wouldn't be a big deal.  But three days?  Next time I'm packing food!

Over the course of the weekend I ate a lot of doritos, a really gross hamburger, a beef pie which was gross and good at the same time, that mini hawaiian pizza...  yep, the tummy wasn't too pleased.  I don't eat a lot meat to begin with, and I realized if you were a vegetarian you wouldn't have any options other than french fries.  Which I gave up for Lent.  Maybe that was a mistake. 

Oh yes, the halftime show.  Tons of rugby kids piled onto the field and greeted the teams from all the different countries.  This was Mexico's debut.  Viva Mexico!

Our seats were so prime, we were directly behind some fancy corporate reserved seats.  And at one point we needed an extra seat, so I decided to join them!  All I had to do was take part in some gambling, and I could help myself to their food and drinks!  Score!
We ended the night with a nice dinner at the Thai place we were at two nights before.  Don't mess with a good thing.

Everything you needed to know about rugby right?

No comments: