Saturday, February 19, 2011

CNY Lantau Hike

Well you knew I would squeeze in some kind of outdoor activity on this long weekend.  And for my first time ever, a hike on the isle of Lantau.



I've been doing a lot of hiking on HK island, cause I live there, so it was nice to have the time to venture a little bit further.  I can't believe I've never hiked there before, but then again that's not counting the stroll from the beach to my friends' house.

The night before was karaoke night, but fortunately the start time wasn't too early, and the hike was pretty easy.  It was a very leafy path occasionally hitting the beach.

The nice thing about this trail was that, except for a few people at the beach, we didn't come across any other people.  Sometimes the HK trail or other popular ones get crowded and it's annoying.  Especially if those people don't understand common courtesy.

And then we came across this.  No idea what happened here.

It was a perfect day for a stroll and when it was all over we made it back to Tung Chung for a food court lunch that really hit the spot.  When our hike ended we spotted the Big Buddha.  Can you see him?

No comments: