Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Asia World Tour: Sanya, China



A little bit about Sanya. It's considered the Hawaii of China, on the island of Hainan in between Hongkers and Vietnam. It has recently been developed as a getaway spot for Hongkies, mainland Chinese, and Russians. Yes, everything is in English, Russian, and Chinese!

It's still up and coming so there's really nothing there except massive and mostly empty hotels and the beach. And I did not know this place existed until I was booking my flight.

We ended up there because 1) it was a holiday weekend and we needed a break from the gray skies of Hongkie town, 2) we organized ourselves pretty late in the game so other destinations like Thailand were booked.

I got a lot of reading done and I have to say those cushy beach loungers made for the most comfy beach experience I ever had.

No comments: