Monday, February 02, 2009

Superbowl Monday and the OTHER Arizona Football Team

IMG_2009.JPG

I roughly estimate that I got 2 hours of sleep last night since I had to wake up super duper early to catch the big game. I feel pretty gnarly and have a meeting in about 30 mins.

And since I have yet to upload pics from this morning, I'll bring you back to another important Arizona game. This one has a happy ending.

After an entire day of traveling from Hongkers, I finally arrived in the desert for the University of Arizona vs Brigham Young University Las Vegas Bowl. This was the beginning of my xmas vacation. Our flight was delayed so we missed the pep rally on Fremont St., but nothing really mattered since I was with my college roommie and Pepper.

The next morning, Christian arrived. We stocked up on goods at the grocery and drove far and away to the stadium. Let the tailgating begin!

IMG_1936.JPG

I love tailgating. It's one of the best things ever, and I'll never get any of that here in Hongkie. One, because there's no sports. Two, because the masses don't own cars. Three, because Hongkongers are boring. There. I said it.

IMG_1939.JPG
Did I mention that the day before I left, I got news that a friend was SNOWED IN at the Vegas Airport. My wardrobe in South East Asia does not call for things like gloves and winter coats so I did some mad shopping before departure. Got myself a snow jacket, long underwear and a couple other things to keep me warm on game day.

With plenty of time still before kickoff, Hasselhoff, the featured National Anthem singer, did his thing. It was TERRIBLE. We couldn't figure out if it was the real performance or a rehearsal. The timing was kinda odd and left us really confused. So, we kept drinking.

IMG_1933.JPG

Turns out it was not the real performance and in the end the Hoff was worlds better than he was earlier. And he's a total liar for saying he didn't rehearse. We all heard him.



Let the games begin!

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

I love football. I really really love football. I really really really love my team, even if we're not usually winners.

IMG_1952.JPG
And so does my fam. Only a week before, when I said I was making a stop in Vegas for the game, they decided they would too.

IMG_1970.JPG
If you can believe it, we kicked the ranked Mormons' ass to the curb. That's right. 2 bowl games in 10 years and we won both. Despite all our losses, the few victories are incredibly sweet.

I've done it once (1998 when we beat UCLA) and I did it again. Time to rush the field!

IMG_1980.JPG

You will never ever see a happier girl.

IMG_1985.JPG

IMG_2005.JPG
And then I ran into Mere's bro Matt who I haven't seen in AGES. He was def my older bro when I was in college and I've missed him.

IMG_2014.JPG
And some of Matt's crew.

IMG_2015.JPG
And still traces of snow on the ground.

We didn't get to crazy in Vegas. We didn't really do anything or go anywhere besides the game. It went by too quickly and I was still exhausted from traveling. But it doesn't matter cause I got to hang with my peeps even for a minute. I'm so glad I did cause I don't know when I'll see them again.

IMG_2022.JPG

IMG_2026.JPG
I love Mere's shirt

IMG_2027.JPG

IMG_2034.JPG

PEACE

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Awwwww, Kermie!!! He loves you! I'm sad to not see a pic of Matt with no shirt on!