Thursday, February 19, 2009

In the Know

IMG_2336.JPG

Friendster. Myspace. LinkedIn. WAYN. Facebook. AOL. MSN. Yahoo. Skype. Internations. Geoexpat. Blog.

There are probably more but off the top of my head I have accounts with all of the above. And now, may I present me on Twitter.

I'm not exactly sure what the deal is. My friend Kiran has his finger on the pulse of many things, and is all over this Twitter deal. The other day I heard some podcast of Kevin and Bean talking about Twitter. Do I/we need one more device? Probably not. But I'm willing to try it out.

I love Facebook. This is probably not news to you. When I moved here and everyone said they were on the 'book, I just thought it was more of a regional thing. I didn't know FB had opened up past students. It took me a good while to get used to it, being so used to Myspace and all. But now that all my friends here are on the 'book, as well as lots of friends from home, former colleagues, classmates, relatives (including a cousin that me and my parents didn't know existed!) it's just the best. So sorry Myspace, but you are soo 5 minutes ago! I would update my FB status ever 20 minutes... useless thoughts that come into my head, strange things I come across, blah blah blah, but I am aware that my FB friends include a wider audience and I don't want to be an update nazi.

Cue Twitter. We'll see how this goes.

The above picture was taken just before CNY. One of our stops on the HK gay bar scene.

No comments: