Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Other CNY Phenomena

IMG_2522.JPG
We had a really nice Chinese dinner at a Beijing style restaurant.

I'm still trying to grasp the differences between Szechuan, Shanghaiese, Taiwanese, Beijing style and Hong Kong style food. And all others in between. I probably sounds really dumb but I know Szechuan can be very spicy, I love Shanghaiese cause it tends to be saucier or maybe more of what we're used to because a lot of Chinese food is very dry. Duck is the big hit in Beijing, and as far as Taiwanese and Hong kong style... not a clue.

IMG_2521.JPG
The duck was excellent and so was the sweet and sour fish.

I really don't eat that much Chinese food. I barely eat it. I should though since to eat locally is dirt cheap.

IMG_2513.JPG
Yes. I barely eat Chinese. This is Cora (who I call Cang because that's her first initial and last name) and I having a lazy lunch at a middle eastern place.

IMG_2514.JPG
A random flower market in my hood that appeared as quickly as it disappeared. They are only around for the holidays.

IMG_2520.JPG
And another one. This is in between my old flat and new one. I love it. Flowers and trees flood the street, and when you wake up on the first day of CNY they are gone.

And on CNY eve, I went to Joel's for a Heroes marathon. We had a lot of catching up to do. When I left, I opted to wander down the hill instead of taking a cab and right before I got home I ran into a major line at the Man Mo Temple.

IMG_2518.JPG
This is midnight, CNY,

No comments: