Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's a Green Day in HK

stpattys
I didn't mean to lie to you. I promise more tales of exotic lands after I return from China. I just wanted to wish everyone at home a happy green day, from HK.

HongKong2007-8 367
Rachel and Natalie

Went out with the regular crew, and Rachel suggested I invite my sole co-worker Vicky out for her first St. Patty's day. It was also her first time at Lan Kwai Fong (the bar hub) and her first time at a bar, ever.

HongKong2007-8 370
Joel and the obligatory Guinness

I asked Vicky if her parents were upset that she was going out late on a work night, but they were actually thrilled that their little girl (who is my age) is going out and doing big girl kinda things.

HongKong2007-8 368
Vicky wishes you peace on St. Patty's day.

We went to a couple Irish pubs, and it occured to me that I've never been to a pub on St. Patty's just because it's too impossible to get in. Vicky was a trooper and got through 3 drinks and was pummeled. And somehow, we played a decent round of Jenga.

HongKong2007-8 371

Of course, the St P festivities kicked off over the weekend, and even though my Saturday started off kinda strange, it turned out to be a really fun night.

Alexis and Me at the Fong
Alexis N Me, wandering the Fong.

Me n Beth at the Fong
Me n Beth, wandering the Fong.

We wandered, we snacked, we took a taxi to a party of an unknown address. We got there exactly the same time the cops did, but I bumped into my pal Daven and that was cool. We took the party to Dragon-I, where I kindly helped myself to the two costco-sized bottles of Grey Goose on the table. The party was headed elsewhere, but me and Sebastien had our priorities. We stuck to the vodka.

HongKong2007-8 363

We shut that place down. And so did these folks. The details are kinda hazy, so I'm not really sure if this was two dudes...

HongKong2007-8 364

Go Green!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post, great blog. Enjoyed browsing your blog.
^.^ hehe