Friday, October 24, 2008

Drinking Towers

310820081081.jpg
I think I've been slow on the blogging because I don't have a camera. The 5 megapixel camera phone doesn't quite cut it, and I've just been relying on friends to cover for me. I don't feel the same without one :(

310820081098.jpg
The Drinking Towers.
The first time I went was probably a couple of months ago. I was meeting some friends there and I was pretty cranky. I got to Causeway Bay a little late, found where I needed to be which included a long line. Of locals. This is kind of special because gweilo activites are usually different from locals activities, but I went with it. The line to use the lift was super long and I should have grabbed a beer at the 7-11 on the corner. I was in line forever.

310820081093.jpg
Drinking towers are just what they sound like. Two tall, thin buildings, and each floor a different bar. Maybe about 25 floors of bar. I finally made my way to the 17th Floor, or wherever my pals were and the crankiness slipped away immediately.

Chum and Daven with the mics, and Daven's friend from home.

310820081084.jpg
I was expecting some kind of crazy club, but it was very chillax and loungey. I appreciate any pub where you can sit. Each floor is pretty small but offers an assortment of games, refreshments, and KAREOKE.

I strayed from the singing, and stayed with the Jack.

310820081094.jpg
The kids picked some pretty good songs though, including
What's Love Got to Do with it? and a slew of Ace of Base.

310820081096.jpg
Powers and Me.
I also dig this place because it was amazingly friendly to the wallet. There were about 7 or 8 of us and after purchasing one bottle of Absolute, one bottle of Jack, and several rounds of free shots, our total was only $200 HKD each, which is unheard of. I'll put that into perspective for you. Last night I paid half that for one really really crappy lychee martini that I waited forever for.

310820081099.jpg
Chum, Fred, and Wing.

Let's not talk about what happened after the Absolute and Jack. Cause I ended up at Beijing Club, and that's not ok.

PEACE.

No comments: