Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Night in San Diego

My former roommate and good friend Meredith came down to San Diego for a week for a work conference. Since I am currently in between jobs I decided I would join her and take part in the free sun and hotel.

We both needed a break from our lives in Tucson and LA, and since we don't get the chance to see each other all that often we figured it would be good for our souls. One thing you have to understand about Mere and I, we lived together for 3 years. We were there for each other for ups and downs and in betweens, and every day several times a day, we'd have bench/porch talk.

So with a new job on the horizon for me and with Mere just starting her master's, we had to indulge ourselves.

Example
After an easy drive down the coast (well, easy once I left greater Los Angeles and passed the fire in Anaheim), I got to Town and Country hotel and we veged in the hotel room for a while. We then walked to the mall that was in dangerous proximity to the hotel and met Melissa and Matt at Cheesecake Factory.

It was a great dinner, good food as always. We talked about typing or whatever those kids do these days. Matt and Melissa called it a night, and Mere and I hit the hotel bar for a couple of drinks. We took it easy, as we all had a big day ahead of us.

No comments: