Friday, February 03, 2006

I Heart the Metro

So, for a few weeks I returned to home base. Where it all began. And where it continues. My dysfunctional family work home W/G. Well, kind of. I'm working for a different production company on a show called Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol. (Yes, Jag finally hits a show at her speed!)

Because I've been saying it for so long, I finally did it and took the metro by myself to and from work. For those of you unfamiliar with Los Angeles public transportation (aren't we all?), there is an underground line, rail, subway, whatever you want to call it, and it's fabulous. The only anti-fabulous attribute is it's most practical. It doesn't go anywhere!

Unless you happen to live somewhere around a metro station and are conveniently going to Hollywood and Highland or Universal City, it's a lost cause. This rail line doesn't make a whole lot of stops, doesn't venture all that far anywhere especially west. I still remain hopefull though, that Mayor Villarigosa will keep his word. I dream that one day I can hop on the metro to the airport or to pick up take out. Big dreams, girl, big dreams.

This blog will continue to be peppered with my obsession with the metro so I'll start with my trip to Chinatown.
Example
So, I wouldn't shut up about the glory of public transpo and it rubbed off a little on my parents. They took a venture on the new orange line and wanted me to meet them at Union Station.

Example
It turns out while heading out to Union Station I was on the same train as my parents. It was perfect timing.

Example
We made our way to Chinatown and it was time for dim sum.

Example
Half the appeal of these dim sum places is the overwhelming ambience. It's also ridiculously cheap.

Example
We worked off some of our meal with a nice walk around the block and a peek into some shops.

Example
Believe it.

Example

Example

Example
So it was time to go back and I was happy to make the most of my week's metro pass over the weekend.

My excitement also wore off onto an associate and special friend of mine. Guess who I convinced to take the metro with me?
Example
I blurred his face for his protection, so people won't throw things at him and call him a hippy. More adventures of Jag and __ when we return.

1 comment:

the IMAGINATIVE ACTION REGIME said...

FRIENDSHIP NIGHT STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!


yay!